The aim of the IWCF Level 2 (Introductory) Well Intervention Pressure Control course is to develop the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of well intervention pressure control. The course includes compulsory training and assessment in Completion Equipment and Completion Operations; with optional modules including Coiled Tubing Operations, Wireline Operations, and Snubbing Operations (at least one of the optional modules must be selected).
The Level 2 (Introductory) course is designed for candidates currently working in roles which may directly contribute to the creation, detection or control of a well influx. Level 2 Well Intervention Pressure Control training and certification is recommended for those working in roles such as Assistant Operators in Wireline, Coiled Tubing, or Snubbing Operations, and others with a requirement to hold an IWCF certificate.
- Completion equipment
- Completion Operations
- Wireline operations
- Coiled tubing operations
- Snubbing operations
Interactive Dialogue, Group Discussions, Case Studies and Exercises.
- Describe and give examples of the negative impact and effects of a well control incident
- Explain the importance of well integrity management throughout the well life cycle from construction to abandonment
- Define and give examples of hydrostatic pressure, formation pressure, and fracture pressure
- Understand the well barrier philosophy in intervention operations, explain the procedures
- involved in barrier management, and describe the principles of different barrier types
- Verify the importance of risk management, describe ways to mitigate risk, and describe various methods used to identify and monitor potential hazards during well intervention operations including but not limited to inflow testing, well integrity testing shut-in procedures, rig up/rig down, and annulus pressure testing
- Describe the function, application and positioning of a range of completion equipment
Candidates must select a minimum of 1 optional well intervention module from the 3 available to be assessed
in. Optional modules are i) Coiled Tubing Operations, ii) Wireline Operations, and ii) Snubbing Operations.
Please be advised that the selection cannot be changed once the assessment is completed. Successful
completion of the course and a pass mark of 70% or above in all IWCF written assessments will result in IWCF Level 2 certification which is valid for five years.