The IADC WellSharp Driller Level Well Control course is essential training for those currently working in a role that is expected to shut-in a well. The course aims to reinforce and improve the candidate’s existing knowledge and appreciation of the various stages of shutting-in a well; from kick detection to shutting in the well, to monitoring once the well is shut in and monitoring the well-kill operation.
- Perform static and dynamic pressure calculations across a range of wellbore and formation conditions
- Calculate volumes and capacities for a range of drilling and tripping operations and calculate the effects on bottom-hole pressure during these operations
- Explain the effects of gas migration on wellbore pressures
- Describe the causes of kicks for on-bottom and offbottom conditions
- Explain the procedures for shutting in a well for a range of operations
- Complete a kill sheet for vertical and deviated wells
- pecify the well control equipment requirements for surface and subsea operations
- Describe the principles underpinning the constant bottom hole pressure methods of well kill
- Using a simulator, identify a kick and shut a well in
IADC WellSharp Diller Level certification, Module Training, Training Kit, Lunch, Coffee Break, and Tshirt Akualita.
- Drilling, workover and completion plan
- Well control concepts
- Mud and pit management
- Pre-recorded data
- Abnormal pressure warning signs
- Causes of kicks
- Kick prevention during drilling, casing and cementing operations
- Tophole drilling
- Kick detection and shut-in
- Well control methods
The IADC WellSharp “Well Control for Drilling Operations – for Drillers” course has been designed for anyone expected to shut-in a well, such as drillers and assistant drillers.
Interactive Dialogue, Group Discussions, Case Studies and Exercises.