The MEM training is directed towards individuals who (1) are designated as being in charge or, (2) are members of or (3) provide support to an EMT in an emergency. This training program will introduce management principles as the first stage of development for emergency managers.
There are no specific pre-requisites for the MEM training programme. However, the delegate must be able to demonstrate suitable exposure within his/her sphere of influence. There is no expiry date for Major Emergency Management Training Certificate.
- Review, manage and assess the information available in an emergency situation in a timely manner
- Establish priorities and take effective action
- Implement predetermined emergency plans and procedures in the context of the current emergency
- Efficiently communicate information and instructions
- Keeping appropriate agencies informed through the support ERT
- Evaluate progress and communicate changes in plans and priorities
- Effectively delegate authority and manage individuals and teams
- Recognize and deal with stress in themselves and others
- Theory of Major Emergency Management
- Major Emergencies that can Occur
- The Emergency Manager
- The Emergency Command Centre facilities and Information Management
- Pre-Planning and Maintaining a State of Readiness
- Dealing with Stress
- Practical Elements of Major Emergency Management
- Assessing the Situation
- Taking Effective Action
- Maintaining Communications
- Delegating Authority
- Managing Self and Team
Interactive Dialogue, Group Discussions, Case Studies and Exercises.
All persons who successfully complete the course based on the performance standards will receive:
- A PT Adhikriya Kualita Utama certificate approved by OPITO for Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR); and
- A laminated wallet course qualification card.