Seismic exploration is one of the most powerful techniques for subsurface imaging. Through the study of acoustic waves propagated through the Earth’s layers and echoed back to the surface, we can learn about the structure, Stratigraphy, and lithology of the Earth. This course will provide first-hand experience with seismic data acquisition, processing, and interpretation.
This course is intended for new hires, experienced geologists, and geoscience technicians who work with seismic data and wish to learn and develop basic seismic interpretation skills.
Interactive Dialogue, Group Discussions, Case Studies and Exercises.
Attendance Certified, Module Training, Training Kit, Lunch dan Coffee Break, Tshirt Akualita.
- Know basic concepts and practices of seismic interpretation.
- Be able to interpret horizons and faults on seismic data.
- Be able to identify interpretation problems and pitfalls.
- Recognize the importance of seismic interpretation in a business context.
- Introduction to Petroleum Geology
- What is Seismic Exploration
- Introduction to Seismic Interpretation
- Seismic response
- Seismic migration
- Fault interpretation
- Horizon interpretation
- Correlation and mapping exercise (3D seismic grid)
- Quantified interpretation
- Bright Spot Interpretation
- Course summary