Every day, workplace injuries, illnesses and fatalities cause immeasurable pain and suffering to employees and their families. Recent estimates indicate that workplace injuries and illnesses cost our nation’s businesses $170 billion per year in wasteful and often preventable expenses. Managing Safe Work is provided to assist you in safety performing your daily work assignments in support of our journey to an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) workplace where all employees go home safely to their families at the end of every shift.
- Understanding and implementing an overview of the tools available to safely manage your work; Tenets of Operation, Stop Work Authority, Safety Programs, Safe Work Practices, Job Safety Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, Workplace Inspections, Management of Change and Workplace Observations.
- Making an assessment of the inherent risks in their work assignments using the Think Incident Free – Self Performed Safety Assessment (TIF/SPSA) procedure to determine what other tools and safeguards should be applied to safely perform the task.
- Performing “Every Task – The Right Way – Every Time” is a personal choice requiring your commitment along with the desire and discipline to use these tools to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Those responsible for managing their current Managing safe work
- Individuals designing and implementing new Managing safe work, and
- Persons who may be training others in the disciplines of Managing safe work.
- Introduction Safe Work Training
- Code of Conduct of operation
- Stop Work Authority
- Types of Work – Definitions
- SWP / JSA / SOP – Definitions
- Think Incident Free / Self Performed Safety Assessment
- Hazard Identification Tool
- Pre-Shift, Pre-Use and Planned General Inspections
- Lockout / Tagout / Tryout
- Manual Material Handling
- Hand Safety Program
- Working at Heights
- Lifting and Rigging
- Excavation and Trenching
- Confined Space Entry
- Hot Work
- Electrical Safe Work
- Permit to Work
- Simultaneous Operations
- Management of Change
- Workplace Observation Program